Roland Rohn (1905-1971) studied architecture at the ETH Zürich under Karl Moser and Gustav Gull. From 1929 to 1931 he worked for the internationally renowned architect Otto Rudolf Salvisberg. In 1931, Rohn ventured into self-employment. He designed the electricity pavilion for the 1939 National Exhibition and was thus able to establish important industrial contacts. In 1940 Rohn acquired the office of the late Salvisberg and in the following years built highly regarded administrative and industrial buildings for Brown Boveri & Cie, for the lift company Schindler and, above all, for the pharmaceutical group Hoffmann-La Roche, both at home and abroad.
From 1953 to 1960, Rohn was responsible for the new building of the Swiss Bank Corporation on Paradeplatz in Zürich. For the then Zellweger Uster AG, Rohn built the administration building with the pavilion at the Herter pond. Rohn's architecture bears witness to the high level of design, functional and constructive tendencies of moderate modernism.